Friday, July 18, 2014

Walk 5

  • The guru whispered the mantra in my ear.
  • I closed my eyes expectantly and began to chant.
  • What was I expecting? An acid trip? Colors, images, or sound?
  • I thought then that I will be able to see, and I will just see as things pass.
  • But sight also demands that I should at least want to see.
  • Always wanting to see is exhausting and sometimes painful.
  • Eventually, repeatedly, I am overcome by sleep as I gradually loose the will to see.
  • Sleep does not allow me to see.
  • Sleep takes away my pain. But ultimately, it takes away me from myself.
  • And then, after a while, I wake up, ruing the loss of time, the loss of life.
  • Every moment, I am getting cross eyed from sleep, from lethargy, with lack of focus.
  • I don’t have any lens to focus myself. I feel too dissipated and dispersed.
  • The intention to act is actually what keeps me awake, and focused. 
  • It is not pain that can keep me awake. Pain is eventually won over by sleep, or unconsciousness, or numbness.
  • I arise with the intention to see.
  • Depression is loss of intention.
  • Loss of intention is induced by passivity.
  • The manifest of an intention can take any form. It can be pleasurable or painful.
  • The manifest can or cannot be ignored but it certainly cannot be allowed to subvert intention.
  • If I have no intention, will I not exist?
  • Can I exist without intention, without seeing, without smelling, without thinking, without anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment